No-Spray Register


Contractors working for our Council periodically spray road verges and other Council land to carry out vegetation management.

For a variety of reasons, some people may not wish to have agrichemicals sprayed outside their property. These people can have their property listed on our No-spray Register, which will mean that we will not spray directly outside their property.

Residents on the No-spray Register need to maintain the vegetation on the berm themselves, up to and including the kerb for the width of their property's road frontage, including eradicating invasive weeds. They also need to control the vegetation on their properties from spreading onto dunes or nearby Council land. 

If the vegetation at this road frontage is not controlled by the property owner or occupier and causes problems, we may arrange for this work to be carried out without further notice - this may involve spraying herbicides.

Weeds growing on the road carriageway will be treated by herbicides. Any residents who have asked to be notified before any spraying outside their property or in the vicinity, will be contacted.

If you've just moved into a property that is on the register, you can also have your property removed from the register. If you're moving or your details change, please let us know.

Here's how to get your property on the No-spray Register, or have your details updated if it's already on it:

  • Contact Customer Services on 07 868 0200
  • Customer Services will take your details - including name and contact details and the address of the property for which you want notification of nearby spraying being undertaken by our contractors.
  • Customer Services will create a Request For Service, which is sent to our roading professional service provider, Pinnacles Civil, which maintains the No-spray Register.

• Pinnacles Civil will update the register and distribute it to all affected contractors.