Marine and Harbour Facilities Strategy
The Strategy sets out a long-term plan for the boat ramps, wharves and jetties across the District and will help inform our 2018-2028 Long-Term Plan (specifically in relation to our marine and harbour assets and facilities).
It takes into account health and safety, access, growing visitor demand and potential funding partnership opportunities.
The Strategy has an Action Plan, which includes:
- Prioritising upgrades of facilities from a district-wide perspective.
- Identifying the most appropriate initial and on-going funding mechanism for each facility (user-pays, partnership models).
- Developing a funding strategy, which creates opportunities for specific investment and joint ventures.
- Work with private owners, government organisations, iwi to resolve and clarify ownership and consenting anomalies in relation to existing facilities.
- Work with interested parties on appropriate marine/habour development at Coromandel Harbour.
You can read Marine and Harbour Facilities Strategy document here (PDF, 496KB)