Applications for the 2023/24 rates rebate year from Te Tari Taiwhenua | the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) are now available. If you need any help, please contact us on 07 868 0200.
Rebates are calculated by DIA, dependent on the amount of your household income and rates payable for the year.
The maximum rebate this year has increased to $750.
You cannot apply for a rebate if:
- The property is used principally for farming, commercial, industrial or business purposes; or
- The property is a rental property; or
- You have already applied for a rebate in the current rating year; or
- You do not qualify as a legal rate payer
Need help applying?
Our Customer Services teams are available to help. You will need to provide proof of income when applying for the rebate - this is for the tax year 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
- If your only source of income is superannuation, no proof is required. DIA provide this information
- If you receive interest from your bank or investments, you will need to get a Resident Withholding Tax (RWT) certificate from your bank or investment company
- Obtain a summary of earnings from Te Tari Taake | Inland Revenue.
Application forms and more information can be found here, or visit our offices.
Drop into a help clinic
We are also holding a series of rates rebate clinics at our service centres.
Thames: 515 Mackay St. From 31 July – 4 August, call us on 07 868 0200 to book an appointment.
Whangamatā | Whitianga | Coromandel Town: No appointment is needed. Any time until 30 June 2024, you can visit us during office hours at:
- Whangamatā, 620 Port Rd
- Whitianga, 10 Monk St
- Coromandel, 355 Kapanga Rd
Pāuanui | Tairua: One day only, Thursday 3 August. No appointment is needed.
- Pāuanui Community Hub, 23 Centreway – 9am to 12pm
- Tairua Library, 2 Manaia Rd – 1pm to 4pm
You have until 30 June 2024 to apply for a rebate in the current rating year.