Thames Swimming Club
Our swim squads offer training that covers a wide range of abilities, from beginner to competitive level. There are six squad levels, catering for an excess of 100 swimmers. The squad training programme is delivered year round.
Below is a brief description of each squad level available.
For information about squad swimming, please don’t hesitate to contact the Thames Swimming Club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This squad is the first stage of learning for those who have graduated Learn to Swim (LTS). The main goal for swimmers of this level is to work towards refining their skills learnt through the LTS programme and gain new skills.
- There are two 45-minute sessions offered to this group per week. It is recommended that your child attends at least 1 of the 2 sessions available. Lessons are kept short to allow the kids to focus and get the most out of each opportunity. The Junior Skills group is split in two; this is so we are able to keep numbers in each group small to ensure everyone gets the most from each session. There is no difference in skills taught between the groups.
- Fees are $37.00 per month.
- This squad is the next step up once you have graduated from Junior Skills. The main goal swimmers in this squad are working towards is to better their current technique. They are learning to become efficient in freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke, also gaining an understanding of butterfly.
- There are three training sessions offered to this squad each week. We recommend that your child attends at least 2 of the 3 sessions.
- Fees for this squad are $37.00 per month.
- This swim squad is the next level up from Junior Development. Like the junior development squad, this squad has a large technique focus. The swimmers in this squad are efficient in freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke. They are also working on becoming efficient in butterfly. There is emphasis placed on learning the skills required for racing.
- Swimmers in this squad are encouraged to begin attending various swimming carnivals throughout the season so they are able to get a feel for the racing scene and show off their skills.
- There are three training sessions offered to this squad each week. We recommend that your child attends 2 of the 3 sessions.
- Fees for this squad are $40.00 per month.
- This squad is the progression once you have graduated from the development squad. There is still a lot of emphasis placed on technique. The main focus is on increasing their training distance while still being able to hold technique.
- It is assumed that once a child moves into this squad they attend swimming competitions.
- We recommend that swimmers attend 3 to 4 training sessions per week. We encourage swimmers to attend one morning session if possible.
- Fees for this squad are $50 per month.
- Moving into this squad indicates that you want to race and progress your swimming as much as you can. The minimum age to be considered for this squad is ten. Swimmers in this squad are efficient at all four strokes and understand the rules around competitive swimming.
- Swimmers in this squad need to be a member of the swim club and registered as a competitive swimmer on the Swimming New Zealand database. Swimmers attend targeted competitions throughout the season, with emphasis placed on achieving qualifying times to attend regional and national championships.
- We recommend swimmers attend at least 4 training sessions per week. We encourage swimmers to attend at least one morning session if possible.
- Fees for this squad are $65 per month
- This is the top competitive squad within the squad structure. The minimum age to be considered for this squad is 13. Swimmers in this squad are efficient at all 4 strokes and have a great understanding of the rules around competitive swimming. Swimmers in this squad utilise land-based sessions as part of their training programme.
- Swimmers in this squad are tracking towards qualifying to attend national competitions. Training is centred on having really good skills while under stress from a big training volume. Swimmers in this squad are expected to be a member of the swim club and registered as a competitive swimmer on the Swimming New Zealand database.
- It is expected that they attend a minimum of 5 training sessions per week, with at least two being morning sessions if possible.
- Fees for this squad are $80 per month.
To register competitively contact the swim club recorder by emailing email@example.com