Economic Development Strategy
Our Council is serious about creating vibrant, strong communities and stimulating economic development. We're also here to help our business sector however we can, so contact us with your new idea, business venture or expansion plans; we're here to help.
Our Economic Development focus
Our Economic Development strategy is to positively influence and facilitate economic growth. We want to:
- be flexible enough to respond to opportunities as they arise;
- to ensure that we are providing the framework and business focus to engage with business effectively;
- provide or facilitate the infrastructure necessary to cater for economic activity, and
- ensure that our policies support, not hinder.
Our Strategic Themes are
To drive our economic strategy, we have identified three themed influencers.
- Being business friendly
- Advocating and networking
- Supporting tourism and events
Being Business Friendly
- Creating a culture within Council of supporting the needs of business.
- Implementing measures that support a conducive and friendly business environment.
- Providing exceptional customer service to the business community
Projects on the go and coming up
We also have a huge amount of upcoming projects and projects already "on the go" as part of our Economic Development work programme. These sit under our Productivity Plan which was endorsed by Council in December 2018. Read more about our Productivity Plan and work programme here.
Meet our team
If you have a business idea, new venture or expansion plans, we can meet with you to discuss them and then work on a pathway forward with you.
Mitch King - Economic Development Lead
Ph: 027 227 5743
Jason Nepia - Economic Development Adviser