Ā Mātau Ratonga - Library Services
Our libraries are spaces for learning, working and coming together as a community. We offer a range of additional services to assist our locals and visitors.
Free public Wi-Fi
You can use our free APNK Library Wi-Fi from 7am to 7pm every day, using your laptop or smartphone.
This works just outside of our buildings as well as inside the libraries. The Wi-Fi password is displayed on posters in our windows.
We have computers available for the public to use, free of charge.
If you need help using the computers, let our staff know.
Printing, faxing, photocopying and scanning
We offer all of these services in our District Library branches. Click here to see the fees & charges.
You can print from your own device:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you include attachments, it will only print those.
- If there are no attachments, it will print the text in the body of the email.
You will receive an email with a Job ID Number. We need this to locate your printing. It may take up to 2 minutes.
Can't find what you're looking for? If the item you want is not in our collection, we can request it from another New Zealand library for you.
Inter-library loans start from $6 per item, and you'll need to fill in an interloan form online
or at one of our libraries.
Suggest a Library Book for our Collection
We welcome suggestions of new books for our collection. You can fill in a form in our libraries, or online.
We offer a book delivery service if you are unable to visit our libraries in person due to illness, disability or COVID-19.
You can request titles, or our staff will bring you an assortment of titles they think you'll love. All our lending collections are available to borrowers.
Talk to our staff to see if this service is available for you.
Meeting room hire
We have a meeting room at Thames Library (the Carnegie Room). The room has chairs, tables, curtains for privacy, a white board, and a kitchenette. It's free to hire if you're a non-profit group.
Need a Nerd
We offer a one-on-one service at Thames Library supporting people with their digital literacy.
- Keeping in touch with friends & family with social media apps e.g. Snapchat, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp
- Setting up and using e-books
- Designing and formatting CVs and job applications
- Setting up your new phone or device
- Or a particular tech issue that you need assistance with
Contact Thames Library to make a booking.
Thames Library is a Skinny Jump community partner.
Jump is a low-cost pre-paid broadband service for eligible Kiwi homes. Get 35GB of NZ's finest broadband for just $5. Check your eligibility criteria here
Contact your local District Library to make a booking.
Services for teachers and schools
- We offer special library accounts for teaching staff. On these accounts, teachers can borrow more books than a regular library account, and keep them for a longer period of time. Contact us to find out more.
- No time to browse? Our Children's Librarian can put together a box of books for your class to enjoy over the school term. Get in touch with us for a chat about your students' needs.
- Bring your class to visit us! We love to host pre-schools and school classes at the library. Our team is also happy to come to you, visiting your school or pre-school. Contact your local library and chat with our staff about making this happen.