How to Object to an Alcohol Licence Application

Use this guide to objecting to alcohol licenses

Information for objectors about changes to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012

Thames-Coromandel District Council District Licensing Committee Procedure Document 

How to make an objection

To object to an alcohol licence application, you'll need to:

  • notify us in writing that you wish to object and the reasons why
  • make sure to include your full name, address, email address and contact telephone number. You should be aware that a copy of your objection, including your name and street name, will be given to the applicant and made public through the hearings agenda.

You need to file your objection with us within 25 working days of the online public notice announcing an application has been made.

By email

Email your objection to: 

The Secretary, District Licensing Committee



In person

Bring your written notice of objection into any of our service centres.


By post

Send your objection to:

The Secretary
Thames Coromandel District – District Licensing Committee
Private Bag 1001
Thames 3540

If we receive a posted objection later than the allowable 25 working-day time frame, we may not be able to consider it.